Expert Fibre Optic Cabling in Newcastle
Fibre optic cabling, as the word “optic” in its name suggests, uses light to transmit information.
The cable itself is made up of 5 parts:
- Aramid yam and,
- Cable jacket.
It is in the core that the cable is able to transmit data signals using light rays. It is made up of one thin unbroken strand of glass, sometimes plastic.
Fibre optic cabling is the most commonly installed backbone cable. It is often used for networks and applications that demand a high bandwidth and long area coverage. It is used as well for its immunity to EMI, or electromagnetic interference.
Why Choose Fibre Optic Cabling?
It is often preferred over other types of cabling, including copper, for the following reasons:
- Higher bandwidth: Fibre optic cabling allows your network to have proven performance rates for up to 10 GB/S. It has the ability to carry more information at greater speed compared to copper cables.
- Greater distance, lower signal loss: One of the merits of transmitting information using light is that very little signal loss occurs, while moving at higher speed, making it the best choice for great distances.
- Immunity: it is one of the most extremely reliable cables for data transmission, as it is completely immune to many environmental factors, compared to copper cable. Examples of these factors are impedance, EMI/RFI, and crosstalk, temperature fluctuations, and effects that you experience with copper cables positioned next to industrial equipment.
- Security: Fibre optic cabling does not radiate signals, therefore ensuring a more secure data network because of its difficulty to tap into. It also allows for easier data leak detection, as light leaking from the cables cause failures.
- Design: Fibre is thin, lightweight, durable and more flexible than copper
- Costs: Most importantly, fibre optic cabling your network provides more value in the long run, despite the higher costs in material and installation.
Want to learn more about fibre optic cable installation? We’ll answer your queries. Get in touch with u today.